The new url and WordPress based site is ready to go. I am in the process of finishing the publisher search for my practical guidebook to historical simulations in the classroom. Once that is settled, I plan to keep this website maintained reasonably frequently.
In the meantime please jump in; hopefully you will find some things of use. For those who have been to the former site (www.historicalsimulations.net), though not for a while, here are some of the newest additions:
- A white paper on the potential of teaching students to design historical simulations with Inform
- Some small additions to World History and U.S. History simulation games including some new online simulations
- A significantly larger collection of online simulation games about current events (“serious games”)
- Substantial comments and reflections on simultion games about global issues posted by students in a Serious Games and Global Issues Class (Check the Global Hunger and the Environment and Ecopolitics Sections)
- A updated bibliography section
Feedback and contributions are welcome.